Below is a list of our current course and workshop offerings. If you are interested in registering for a course or require further information please call 01702 213 134 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to speak to one of our friendly team.
Gardening & Wildlife
Grow it, Cook it, Eat it
12 week course every Thursday from 6th July
9.00am – 12.00pm at Growing Together Rochford
1.00pm – 4.00pm at Growing Together Thundersley
Gardening allows you to work all of the major muscle groups to build strength and burn calories as well as having mental health benefits. We are running a 12 week ‘Gardening Fit’ course to help you become fitter and healthier.
Sessions will include:
• A gentle warm up and cool down
• Gardening activities which encourage stretching and lifting
• A 45 minute low impact cardio session such as a group walk
• Complementary healthy lifestyle & eating tips
• Enhanced fitness tips from a fitness expert
Gardening & Wildlife Workshop for Families and Communities
Every Monday until August 21st
2.00pm – 4.00pm
Workshops designed to provide families and members of the community an opportunity to come together to learn about local wildlife and participate in some family friendly gardening activities. The workshops are funded by Heritage Lottery Fund.
• Bug House Building
• Family Gardening
• Encouraging Local Wildlife
• Upcycling in the Garden
Grow It, Cook It, Eat It
12 week course
Next course to start Autumn 2017
Learn gardening and cooking skills!
• Learn to cook from scratch using fresh ingredients:
• Find out what to grow and when
• Gain handy tips for eating healthier
• Explore new recipes
1 day a month from June 2017 – May 2018
9.30am – 3.30pm (some visits may require an earlier start)
Using our newly built Victorian Kitchen Garden at ‘Growing Together Westcliff’ we are running a ‘Heritage Gardens Workshop’.
• Develop an understanding and knowledge of the heritage of kitchen gardens, particularly in the Victorian era
• Design, construct and plant a small potager garden which will include vegetables, plants and herbs
• Visit gardens with heritage features e.g. Audley End and Geffrey Museum
11.00am – 12.00pm
Growing Together Shoeburyness
Relaxation and mindfulness techniques with yoga.