Trust Links is an innovative and expanding local independent mental health and wellbeing charity, transforming lives in South Essex. We are seeking trustees who are passionate about our cause and want to use their skills and experience to help us make a difference to people’s lives. Trustees are unpaid directors of the charity, who work together to oversee the strategy, direction and aims of the organisation on behalf of its members.
We work with more than 700 people per year through: four Growing Together community garden projects providing therapeutic horticulture and positive activities for adults with mental health, mild learning disabilities and school groups; REACH Recovery College working in partnership with local agencies to provide psychoeducational and vocational training and peer support for adults with mental health problems; and our carers service which provides counselling, listening support and peer support groups for unpaid carers in Southend as part of the Carers Hub.
We have grown significantly since our foundation in 2000 and have ambitious plans for further expansion and development. Trustees play a crucial role in setting and supporting Trust Links’s strategy. In particular we are looking for people with experience of:
· Marketing, to help us ensure we develop a strategy to communicate our work effectively;
· Fundraising, to help us develop and implement our fundraising strategy;
· Business and growth management, to support our scaling ambitions;
· Mental health expertise, to inform our strategy; OR
· Accountancy/Finance to scrutinise and advise on our finance as our treasurer – for this role you would need to have experience of financial reporting and control, to help us maximise the benefit of every pound we raise
Previous board/trustee experience is not necessary and we welcome applications from all ages and backgrounds.
Trustees meet for 2 hours every other month and have an annual awayday in September. Some additional time is required to read the papers and there are a range of opportunities to get involved in Trust Links’s work should you have the time and wish to do more. Trustees will get a full induction and ongoing training and can claim out of pocket expenses.
Application deadline Monday 2nd July 2018. Interviews week commencing Monday 9thJuly.