Nature and the environment is a key value at Trust Links, and sustainability is something we consider throughout our work. We believe that by taking care of nature and the environment, it will take care of us. Nature is so important for our physical and mental health, and connecting to the world around us can do wonders for our emotional wellbeing. We’ve seen this first hand in our therapeutic gardening project, Growing Together, which helps our members build confidence, learn gardening skills and relax whilst getting a bit of physical exercise. To learn how to benefit from nature at home with or without a garden, click the button below. Or keep reading to get involved this Mental Health Awareness week!
GO, GROW, GIVE this Mental Health Awareness Week
We are inviting you to switch off your tech, connect with nature and zoom in on the benefits it has to offer! Maybe for you this means enjoying dinner with your family in the garden with your phones off, or taking a business meeting off-screen and going for a safe socially distanced walk. Need some inspiration? Keep reading!
How can you get Involved?
We’ve put together a few ideas on how you can get involved and GO, GROW and GIVE for Mental Health Awareness Week (and beyond!)
Being outdoors is great for our physical and mental wellbeing. Not only does it help us stay active, but it can also help in reducing stress. Here’s a couple of ideas on how you can GO this week:
- Go for a wellbeing walk – you could even set yourself a step or distance goal
- Go on aeroplane mode and take off into nature!
- Go screen free and choose a screen-free day, or part of the day, to connect with those around you
- Go offline and use nature to nurture your staff. Encourage walking meetings and get away from your desk.
- Go together – schedule an outdoors visit with friend to ask how they’re doing
Growing a plant, fruit or veg yourself can be incredibly rewarding. As you learn new skills in the garden, you won’t just find some relaxing outdoors time, you’ll find your confidence growing! Here are some ideas on ways you can GROW:
- Grow your skills – learn a new recipe using vegetables grown at home
- Grow with style – bring the outdoors inside! Place a plant pot on your desk or windowsill
- Grow your own way – Growing is about more than just gardening. Think of something you’ve wanted to learn, and make a start. Keeping our brain’s stimulated is a great way keep them on track, and learning new skills can increase our self-esteem.
GIVE just £1 for your chance to win a nature themed prize!
- AMAZING nature themed prizes to be won – Enter our raffle for just £1!
- Thanks to the generous support of some local community groups and businesses, we have put together an exclusive pool of prizes to be won. By taking part you will also be donating to help us continue to deliver our life-changing projects and supporting our community’s mental health and wellbeing. Don’t miss out, enter now!
The GO, GROW, GIVE Raffle prizes and sponsors
For full details please see the raffle T&C’s on the Enthuse Raffle page. With thanks to our prize sponsors:
- Essex Bees – The chosen winner will receive a private beekeeping experience for 1 adult (RRP £50).
- Food By John Lawson – The chosen winner will receive a Saturday Seafood Tapas lunch for 2 adults at Food By John Lawson. A selection of traditional seafood dishes from the Thames Estuary or South Coast (more information).
- Forever Flowers – The chosen winner will receive 1 x gift wrapped bouquet (up to the value of £50).
- Essex Nature Photography – The chosen winner will receive an A3 framed print (RRP £80) from Essex based nature photographer Kerri Webb. The winner can choose a print from the nature portfolio on her website (here), subject to availability.
- Luna & Sol – The chosen winner will receive an exclusively hand-made nature themed resin trinket tray. The trinket tray is approximately 8×4 inches, and features authentic pressed flowers and leaves.
- Morley Garden Centre – The chosen winner will receive 1 x £20 Morley Nurseries Great Wakering voucher. The voucher will be dispatched within 30 days of the draw date.
- Muddy Puddles – The chosen winner will receive 1 x Muddy Puddles Ecolight Puddlesuit (RRP £38). Made using recycled fabrics, this waterproof splash suit is the perfect practical must-have for active explorers who love playing outside come rain or shine. Available in sizes 0-6 months up to 6 years.
- Rayleigh Fruit & Veg – The chosen winner will receive 1 x £25 voucher for Rayleigh Fruit & Veg.
- Essex Wildlife Trust – Book and merchandise
- Trust Links merchandise – including canvas tote bag, notebook and pen
GO, GROW, GIVE challenge – Download our calendar of ideas and get involved today!
Choose activities to try on your own, as a family or with colleagues OR pick your own. Don’t forget to share what you’ve been getting up to with us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtags #MHAW21 and #GoGrowGive.
You can view the idea calendar below, or click the image to enlarge and save it.