Roots to Work is Trust Links’ employment support project, which helps local people learn employable skills and get back into work.
Roots to Work is a great place to learn new skills, work on your CV and improve your interview and application chances. The Roots to Work group meets every Monday for a training day at Growing Together Westcliff, followed by a practical skills day every Thursday where participants can gain hands-on experience in our community gardens. The first Roots to Work session will be on Monday the 16th September 2019.
Roots to Work has really helped my confidence. I love it here.
Each participant builds a portfolio during the Roots to Work programme that demonstrates their achievements. We introduce participants to a range of employment, training and volunteering opportunities.
Participants can access:
- A Keyworker who provides advice, information and wellbeing support.
- Support with self-care and presentation skills
- Horticultural work experience and informal training
- Employability workshops designed to improve confidence and self-esteem
- Help with job searches, job applications, CV-writing, work routines and interview scenarios
- Accredited vocational training including First Aid, Food Hygiene and Manual Handling.
The environment at Trust Links really helps. If you feel overwhelmed, you can step outside and get some fresh air. Roots to Work is far more relaxed than other employability schemes.
Roots to Work has helped many people find paid or voluntary work. If you would like to make a referral or want more information please call us on 01702 314 213 or contact Emma at firstname.lastname@example.org.